Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Music to Move With

While we are all, or at least most of us, doing our best to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus, being at home can be tough. Our kids are older, late teens and early 20's, so they are pretty self sufficient and are pretty chill.  I sympathize with those who have younger children at home.  Keeping them occupied can be challenging at the best of times.

While we are being told to keep physical distance in order to stop the spread of this thing, we still need to keep our bodies (and our minds) in good shape.  That means exercise.  If you haven't been told to stay home in SELF ISOLATION (meaning you've some possible symptoms of the virus or have recently returned from travelling), you can still get out for a walk in most locations.  Just keep your distance from others - 6 feet or more.

I find that the more I walk, the more I feel like walking - funny that!  While most of the time, I am content to go without music. Spring is springing and the birds are returning.  What is it about the cheerful song of a Robin in the spring?  Sometimes, I like to have something upbeat to listen to, to help keep my pace up and take my mind off the actual physical effort.  So I took the time to compile a list of some of my favourites to play while I walk.  Those who know me, know, that I am a child of 80s music, so there is a lot of that here. This list is also helpful while cleaning the house as well. My bride and I would often use upbeat music lists to get the kids involved with the tidying up.  My prescription if you are using this to clean the house - Works Best At High Volume!

Walking/Running Playlist 2020


Making It Work - Doug & The Slugs

A Little Less Conversation - Elvis

Walk - Foo Fighters

Midnight Blue - Lou Gramm

Hurricane Jane - Gordie Sampson

Bad Bad Boy - Haywire

Words In The Wind - Honeymoon Suite

Last Of The Red Hot Fools - The Jitters

Nobody's Fool - Kenny Loggins

Our House - Madness

Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder

Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) - Mark Ronson

Hollywood - Michael Bublé

Beat It - Michael Jackson

It Falls Apart - The Odds

Situation Critical - Platinum Blonde

I Do' Wanna Know - REO Speedwagon

Stay Healthy!


No comments: