Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here We Go Again

Back in 2008 when I started this blog, it was just after we had completed a Federal Election here in Canada. Now here we are in 2010 and in New Brunswick, we are beginning a Provincial Election. I thought it only fitting to put a few words to computer screen in honour of that event.

The thing I think I love the most about elections in general is the fact that politicians are so determined to get themselves elected or re-elected that they promise everyone everything. Then they wonder why the public gets upset when they can't come through with the goods. We are only a couple of days into the process here in NB and already the promises are flying fast and furious. So far our politicians have promised to decrease taxes, increase spending and reduce the deficit. Now, I don't remember being overly good at math when I was in school, but I do know that you can't reduce income (taxes) at the same time you increase spending and reduce debt. Simple logic tells me this, not math genius.

Anyway, it will all be over in a month and we will be richer democratically for the experience, if not provincially. In anticipation of a long month of politicians promising me the world I give you my New Brunswick Election 2010 Playlist.

  1. On The Road Again – Willie Nelson
  2. Little Lies – Fleetwood Mac
  3. Hard Times and Misery – Travis Tritt
  4. No Honour Among Thieves – Toby Keith
  5. Keep On Talking – World on Edge
  6. A Little Less Talk & A lot More Action – Elvis
  7. What Might Have Been – Little Texas
  8. Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone – Glass Tiger

Enjoy the promises and electioneering. Don't forget to exercise your democratic responsibility. Vote.

No comments: