Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Centennial Edition

This post is a thank you. A thank you to you the readers of this blog. This post right here, that you are reading, right this second, marks the 100th post in the online life of Good, Bad & Ugly! One hundred posts! Wow. Who would have thought that when I posted that first piece about the results of the federal election on October 16, 2008 I would still be posting in 2010. Over that period of time there have been approximately 728 (as of this morning) visits to the blog. Not only from Canada and the U.S., but places like Brazil, Pakistan, Sweden, Sri Lanka, Great Britain and Japan. Who would have thought?

Many of you have commented on pieces that I have written and have even signed on as 'followers'. It's nice to know that someone out there is reading my ramblings and feel comfortable in responding to something that I've written – either to agree with what I've said or to provide a different perspective on a given topic.

One of my kids asked me the other day how long I was going to continue writing the blog. My response was 'as long as people continue to read it'. Goodness knows that there is never any shortage of topics – only time.

So again thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Feel free to pass the link along to others who you think might enjoy it. The more the merrier.

Here's to 100 more posts! Cheers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Always a great read Doug! Keep at it.

Rayvee said...

Here's to another 100!

JJ Sobey said...

I read more than what you see from the visits counter... I read through a blog reader. Others might do the same, so you're getting more readers than you think!

Congrats on 100 posts!